The term “self-care” has been used a lot in recent years, but what does it actually mean? Self-care is any activity that we do intentionally in order to take care of our mental, emotional, and physical health. It is important to note that self-care is not selfish – in fact, it is quite the opposite. When we take care of ourselves, we are better able to show up for others in our lives.
Self-care can look different for everyone, but some examples might include getting regular exercise, journaling, taking breaks throughout the day, spending time outside in nature, meditating or practicing mindfulness, eating healthy foods, and spending time with loved ones.
The purpose of this blog post is to give you some ideas of how you can incorporate self-care into your life. Read on for some tips!
1. Schedule Time for Yourself: This might look like setting aside 30 minutes every day for yourself – or it could be blocking off an entire day once a week. The important thing is to be consistent. Find a time that works for you and stick to it.
2. Know Your Priorities: When it comes to self-care, there are endless possibilities. You might want to focus on the beauty side with mani/pedis and massages; the spiritual side with yoga and meditation; the mental side with therapy and journaling; or all of the above! Once you know what you would like to prioritize, you can begin incorporating those activities into your life.
3. Set the Mood: Atmosphere matters! If you’re going to take the time to care for yourself, make sure you do it in an environment that feels good. This might mean lighting a candle, playing some calming music, or opening the windows for some fresh air. Taking a few moments to create a relaxing space will help you fully enjoy your self-care routine.
4. Give Yourself a Break: One of the most important things to remember is that self-care doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming – sometimes the simplest things can make the biggest difference. If you don’t have hours to spend at the spa, take a break from work and go for a walk outside instead. Get off social media and call a friend instead. Make time for yourself – even if it’s just 10 minutes – and see how much better you feel afterwards!
5. Don’t forget our Luxurious Caribbean scented candles! Yes this blog is sponsored by us but that doesn't make our products less luxurious, caribbean scented, naturally calming, eco friendly or toxic free. After reading this blog post we hope you go out and try our products for yourself. Click here this will direct you to our website where you can purchase these amazing candles for yourself or as gifts!!!
Conclusion: Atmosphere set? Check! Candles lit? Check! Now it's time to enjoy yourself because you deserve it. We all need some time for ourselves so don't forget these helpful tips when creating your own personal routine. Be sure to add in one (or all) of our scented candles into your new routine for optimum results!
Thanks for reading and stay bless! 💜